Wednesday, June 24, 2009

cinnamon rolls

Bee has been asking all week for cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Lou and I got up a little early this morning so we could make some before church. I thought Bee would get up and help. She rolled out of bed just in time to eat the first finished roll. convenient, huh? I got this delish cinnamon roll recipe from taste of home magazine. It started as one of those potluck sized recipe and made 4 dozen. This is a half recipe and makes about 2 dozen depending on size. I make the larger recipe every time the youth group has a lock in. Teenagers eat so much!

Lou kept pinching at the dough to take 'bites'. He loves dough. blah.


We made one batch with raisins and one without. I don't know why you'd want them without, but to each their own.


I usually just slice with a knife but today I used a piece of string. I like the results.


They smelled so good.

We delivered a few to friends at church this morning and ate more than we should have ourselves. We sent a few off to my sister in IN. College may be the one time in your life that people send you food in the mail.



Cinnamon rolls
dissolve:
¼ t yeast
1 ¾ c water
add
3 T sugar
1 ½ t salt
½ c. oil
1 eggs
@6 c flour

-------filling
1/8 c butter
½ c sugar
2 t cinnamon
½ c raisins
------frosting
1/8 c butter
1 ¾ powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
2 T water
Knead- rise 1 hour
roll out, ad filling. roll up. slice.
bake 425° 15 min

1 comment:

Chris said...

mmm, they were tasty! thanks :)