Sunday, April 25, 2010

just practicing

I'm just practicing... There is a little event I'm helping out with in two weeks and I'd like to use flowers from the yard to save our funds for other treats. I thought using these collected tea cups might be good for smaller arrangements. I just don't know if these guys will still be blooming in two weeks. This yard is a surprise for us this season.

Bee and I have been collecting mismatched tea cups for another big event this summer. More on that is sure to come. In fact, I might make you sick of reading about said event. Too bad.

I won't pay more than 50 cents a cup. Some have even been 10 cents. They seem to be at most garage sales and surely every thrift store. We like the ones with fun details like painted roses. The daintier, the better. Bee has good eyes.

I should have been paying more attention and collected saucers too.

Here's a peak at the little event coming in two weeks.

I can't say too much about that, there is a chance of spies. Total espionage amongst the preschool crowd.

3 comments:

grandma said...

How exciting. I used to have about 12 cups and saucers all different that I had on a rack in the kitchen above three doors on one wall. That is one thing I gave away 30+ years ago. I am surprised they are not in a box in the basement. Wish I had your yard and you here for the week. I am fixing 10 little baskets with flowers for a party Saturday night.

Kelly said...

love the flowers and the invitations!

Anonymous said...

Yes ... I am one of those spies :) Can't wait for the luncheon, Beth!
Susan