Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's today

I've been waiting for today.  Bee bought me these flowers (which I had to pay for, so  not sure how that worked out) to save for today.


It's today. It's my birthday.  The weather was beautiful.  The kids got to play outside in the muddy yard allowing me almost 2 hours to cook dinner!  We had a delicious dinner.  Better than going out!


edited to add: The two sets of flowers are the same, just several days apart.  The white vase came from a garage sale last summer and the blue vase I stole from my mom.  Someone told me it's carnival glass, but I've never looked that up to see.   We let the water dry up and had to really trim the tulip down to revive them, so we had to switch vases. 

edited again:  I googled carnival glass and it's not that.  I looks like  Hobnail Opalescent Fenton Glass in robins egg blue.  What did people do before the internet.  I suppose they got a book. 

3 comments:

grandma said...

How thoughtful of Bee. The flowers are beautiful. I like the white vase with the tulips. Hope you had a nice birthday.

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Beth! Sounds like it was a good one! The flowers and vases are beautiful!

Km said...

Happy happy birthday!! I wish you the most extraordinary and amazing year!!!!