Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the coupon holder

My sister-in-law's sister-in-law (who blogs here) asked if I would be able to come up with a coupon holder for her.   It took me longer than I'd like to admit to get it done, but I think I made up something that will work. 


I'm not so much a coupon-er myself, but apparently she's got it down.   There were specific rerequirements for this holder and it did take me awhile to draw up a plan. 


It opens and closes like a little velcro clutch.  It needed to have some stiffness to it so I used stiff felt on the inside.  I tried to use snaps at first, but  they wouldn't go through the stiff felt.  We ended up with velcro for the closure.


It had to be expandable at the sides.  She requested 2 inches.  I'm not sure I'm at 2, but it's close. 


I know she'll need more than 4 cards, but I made a few dividers out of old file folders. 


It also needed to be able to fold over and attach to itself so it could hold onto a shopping cart handle. 


I tested it out on a real shopping cart, but here it is on our kids cart. 


I hope it's sturdy enough and balances well.  I didn't test it full of coupons.  I started getting nervous about the balancing immediately after getting it in the mail.  We'll see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it! Just started couponing again myself. I think the tilt will help her see the coupons and I wouldn't worry about it.

Kathy said...

Ooh, you did a great job! I really like it!

Danielle said...

Thanks Beth! You did do a great job. I will try to blog about it this next week!