Saturday, December 3, 2011

car trip -the yarn projects

Here' my other road trip work.   The paper piecing project goes on each trip and gets a few minutes of attention, but I can't get settled into again. 

A girl I teach with asked me to make up two little baby girl hats for her to gift this Christmas. 


I used this pattern from Aesthetic Nest which I've used several times before and enjoy.  I used yarn on hand so I don't know what it was.  Even if you are new to crocheting or it's been awhile, this is pretty easy, just two basic stitches.  Two stitches is my kind of project for one you have to count with.

The little one is 0-3 and even fits Lou's Boy.  The other is the 3-6 size.  These work up in an hours and a half or so. 


I also used the same pattern to make the 'girls' size hat, which for my gauge, actually fits an adult woman.  I had another co-worker ask for one of those.   I've made this hat several times  too and think it's pretty cute. 


Then I tried a new kind of rose shaped flower.  It turned out huge!  It's a little big and heavy for a hat, but I'm sure I'll find a use some day.  I used this pattern.


Yeah, so this didn't work out how I thought. I saw this pattern and thought, I love it, surely I can find something similar for free.  I've already pulled the stitches out and will be using this help from Slugs on the Refrigerator for better sizing.


I used this pattern (ravelry link and pinterest link) and am not sure if it was my gauge or I just don't care for the fullness of the hat...  The stitching in the picture looks tighter.


I wanted slightly newsboys fullness... just slightly.  I did wear it black Friday shopping since I brought no other hat.  I've pulled the stitches and when things in the shop slowdown (Oh my goodness!) I'll work on it again. 


I also started a knitted chevron scarf, but I've lost my momentum. It can wait for another time.   Luckily winter comes each year.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

And I thought I was the only one who made hats too big! That happens to me alot.. will have to check out that sizing info. Thanks for the link to that flower, I'm going to give that one a try.