Friday, December 2, 2011

table runner and such

A road trip to my Grandma's meant sewing projects in the car for me. I so enjoy a long car trip now that I've found a great way to pass the time. Plus, the kids don't usually have to stop every 40 minutes anymore. That probably makes the biggest difference. 


I finished up the binding on this table runner for my sister.  She's hosting Christmas this year at her house.   It's her first year to do that and I figured she needed a little Christmas decor. 


I'm spreading Christmas cheer without singing loud and clear.  We all prefer it that way.  The runner is just pieces of Christmas fabric sewn together and layered with a piece of flannel and the back piece.  I stitched in the ditch on the top to quilt it.  The binding was added like I use for quilts, which is probably not the most responsible way to do it time management wise.  I should learn to use store bought binding better.


The pot holders are made the same way except instead of flannel, I used two layers of thinsulate inside. 

I also had a few yarn projects in the car, those will have to wait until tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Love those! I need to find my Christmas fabric scraps and make me a table runner too.